Post Title: IFP Designer
Salary Range: Negotiable – dependent upon experience
Responsible To: Head of Ops & ATM
Cyrrus is searching for an enthusiastic Instrument Flight Procedure (IFP) Designer, ideally with experience in the UK market, to lead our design team and drive further expansion. The post will be UK-based with regular travel between London and the North Yorkshire Head office as required and may require travel to Client premises throughout the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
The ideal candidate will possess a high level of IFP design expertise and experience, across both conventional and satellite-based ICAO Doc 8168 design principles, supplemented by extensive professional experience within the aviation industry, perhaps gained during a former career as a Regulator, Air Traffic Control Officer, Air Traffic Engineer or Commercial pilot.
The person in this role will have good personable skills, be well presented, courteous and respectful in their dealings with other staff and clients as well as the wider project stakeholders.
Accountabilities / Main Responsibilities
Following a period of training on the Cyrrus IFP design and safeguarding methodology the incumbent will lead the IFP design team in all aspects of design work and will be responsible for:
- Design and oversight of IFP development in accordance with ICAO PANS OPS Doc 8168, UK CAP 785/778 and related national differences to Doc 8168 as notified in the UK AIP;
- Requirements capture for design commissions and conducting ‘on-site’ visits;
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of evolving IFP policy and technological advances both nationally (UK) and internationally including policy changes resulting from ICAO, EASA, EUROCONTROL and/or UK legislation;
- Overseeing the adaptation and refinement of Company design processes in response to emerging national and international policies pertaining to IFP design;
- Develop refinements to Company design and safeguarding methodologies and associated tools in co-operation with the software providers;
- Development and delivery of IFP design related training material for internal and external customers;
Ongoing mentorship and professional development of less experienced colleagues;
- Maintenance of formal IFP-related accreditations;
- Appropriate control and maintenance of databases and design records in accordance with Cyrrus Quality assurance and quality control processes (ISO 9001:2015 certified).
- Oversight of Safeguarding assessments (relating to IFPs) detailing the effects of new development on procedures;
- Manage commissions and be responsible for the on-time delivery and cost-control of these projects;
Support business development and marketing activities associated with IFP work including the development of tender bid submissions and quotations;
- Maintain relationships with clients assigned to you and undertake Customer visits with the aim of maintaining existing relationships and securing new business in the long-term.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.